Monday, March 9, 2015

Holy Toledo

Oh this week...apparently the magic of St. Marys was taking a break this week. Things were soooooooooooooooooo sloooooooooooooooooow this week! It has been the longest week I have had in a very long time. Also it didn't help that literally half of our week was spent in a car. Cleveland Wednesday, Findlay Friday, Perrysburg Saturday, and Lima Sunday. WHoohoo! "Livin' in St. Maaaaarys!"

However, it was so fun to get to go back to Cleveland this week. Oh how I love that wonderful city. We stopped by the Mission Office and got to see all of the missionaries there as well as the Mission Home to visit President and Sister Vellinga [And deliver a Peanut Butter and Miracle Whip Sandwich for his birthday.] It made me so happy to get to see them all again. My doctors appt went well! My lung volumes were up to 90 this time! Whoo! I am really hoping that that means I will be able to stay in St. Marys for the rest of my mission. :)

We had so many incredible meetings this week. Zone Training Meeting [which was why we went to Findlay] was awesome. I love getting to have meetings and conferences with other missionaries. [Especially now that I am exiled to the boonies of the mission away from all other missionaries] Best of all though was the absolutely amazing Stake Conference we had this weekend. Hands down the best one I have ever been to. The speakers were absolutely phenomenal. It helped me quite a bit.

The last hour of the Saturday night session of Conference I just cried through it all. I don't even know why. I think because somehow I just finally got kicked out of my state of delusion to realize that yeah, things are really hard right now for me. Accept it. I think the most frustrating part of this all is that I don't understand why, or the cause of my struggles right now. I have received so many helpful talks, quotes, and letters the past week though. Also I have been going through my old study journals from on my mission. So many hidden gems in there. I think right now Heavenly Father is just trying to teach me about endurance. I don't know why things are happening right now, but I just have to hold on a little longer. Stick it out. He will help. He has been helping me. And I am so grateful for that. "I have a member of the Godhead always with me." I came across something I wrote in my journal during a zone conference this morning that said, "Maybe God is having us be patient in going through trials so that He can have a little more time with us". I knew this wouldn't be easy. I signed up for this. I thank you all for the prayers and all of your help. A simple letter in the mail helps more than you would know.

Mom sent me the most perfect quote this week:
"His peace will ease our suffering, bind up our broken hearts, blot out our hates, engender in our breasts a love of fellow men that will suffuse our souls with calm and happiness"
"When words cannot provide the solace we need or seek, when it is simply futile to attempt to explain that which is unexplainable when logic and reason cannot yield adequate understanding of the injustices and inequities of life, when mortal experience and analysis are insufficient, and when it seems that perhaps we are so totally alone, then comes the peace that only the Prince of Peace can give- truly, a peace that passeth all understanding." -Heber J. Grant

Don't worry though, no matter how dark the night may seem, the sun always rises in the morning. :) [Which actually has been happening much more these days in Ohio!]

Love you to the moon and back.


Sister Amber Olds

Well well well. Would you look at that. All of you always made fun of me for wearing men's deoderant...but Old Spice was so happy that I did that they made and named one after me!! WIth my favorite stuff in it! You're welcome Old Spice. You are quite welcome :)

My adorable little Sister missionaries :)

Dinner in Perrysburg before Stake Conference at "Perrys Burgers"! ...So clever.

No comments:

Post a Comment