Tuesday, June 9, 2015

"I thought you were dancing...but now you're praying!" -Sister Genster

ESTEVAN IS A MORMON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! His baptism was so wonderful [and very Estevan...] and went so smoothly! That was the biggest miracle of all! We were stressing BIG TIME all week long. But it all went so great!! All of your prayers for the past week made a HUGE difference. Thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!! He actually ended up having to be dunked twice. [his knee came up] But then after it all, before he got out of the font, he goes, "Thank you everyone! Thank you Jesus. In Jesus name Amen!" Ohhhhhhh Steeeeeeeve. Then the next day when he received the Holy Ghost he felt the spirit so strongly....SO STRONGLY. Let's just say that we had to have a lesson with him after church on being reverent in sacrament meeting... It was his first fast and testimony meeting that he had been to....Well, he called out Elder Joos in front of everyone to go up and bear his testimony.Then when there was a pause about 15 minutes before the meeting was to end he yells out, "Well, anybody else??" Oh my lanta....Both Sister Hemenway and I got up to break up the silences. There is definitely a learning curve, but he is doing great. 

JOHN GOT THE AARONIC PRIESTHOOD!!!!!!!!!!! Sunday was just such a wonderful day. :) He got the priesthood so now he can baptize Kim this weekend!! They are both doing SO AMAZING!!! I am still so amazed how well they are doing and how far they have come. Kim isn't struggling with not drinking coffee at all now! She is so excited for her baptism. Her interview was right after Steve's baptism [that was crazy coordinating all of that and trying to stay on top of things. Woohoo for back to back baptisms!!] It was a reeeeeaaaally long interview though and so I started getting really nervous. However, I should have known that it would take forever, it's Kim!! Of course they wouldn't just go through the questions and be done, but she also had to tell Elder Albaugh her whole life story. :) They're tight now. How could they not be?? Everyone loves Kim! After the interview though she came up to me all giddy and whispers, "Guess what! He told me I was more than ready!" Oh she is just too cute!!! I love her so much!!! I so badly wish that all of you could come to her  baptism this weekend. It is going to be so wonderful!! Oh guess what! Sister Thomas is coming back for it with her family!! Well that actually just happens to be when they were coming back to visit her mission. I am so happy that she will be here for it. SO MANY TIMES leaving Kim and John's we would talk about how incredible it would be if John could get the priesthood and then be the one to baptize Kim. And now that's happening!!!!!!! Ah man, missions are just the best. :) 

The whole mission got an email from President Vellinga today that said:

Dear Elder and Sisters of the Ohio Cleveland Mission

Good Morning in the Greatest Mission in the World.

I am pleased (very pleased) to announce that we will now be able to attend the Columbus Ohio Temple at approved times during your mission. 

I will give you the details when we are with you on TuesdayWednesday, or Thursday at our meetings with your zones.

Have a great day!!

We love you.

President Vellinga

WE ARE SO PUMPED!!!!!!!!!!!! Although I highly doubt that I will get to go before I leave, but that is so exciting for all of the other missionaries here!!!!!!! We were almost in tears we were so happy when we read it. 

This upcoming week is going to be INSANE. Tomorrow is the Vellinga's Mission Farewell Tour for Toledo and then my departure interview is after that. Then we are driving to Cleveland that afternoon to spend the night in the mission home because the next day I have my doctor's appointment in Cleveland. Then we have the long trek back to St. Marys. Then we have Kim's baptism this weekend!!!! This last transfer has been the craziest, most exhausting, heart breaking, and rewarding transfer yet. :) The lower the lows,the higher the highs! The enabling power of the atonement is most definitely real. There is absolutely no way that I would be able to do the things that we have needed to the past few weeks on my own. My body pretty much hates me. It is working hard to try and keep up. It's okay though, I can sleep when I'm dead. [Mission dead that is...]

"And whoso receiveth you, therwill be also, for will gbefore your face. will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to  bear you up." 
~Doctrine & Covenants 84:88



Sister Amber Olds







"Trunky" papers





No comments:

Post a Comment