Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Zippi dee doo dah!

My oh my what a wonderful day! Spring has sprung! [Officially now....that was just a tease before...] The sun truly does make a difference! Everyone is just so much happier now! And it is contagious!

Remember Heladio from last week's email? ["I love you"] Well he is our new investigator as of yesterday!!! He came to church with Ramiro yesterday and then we went over that evening to give him a Spanish Book of Mormon and introduce it to him. After we talked about it a bit, the "hombres" translated for us, and read a chapter; he told us how he wants to learn more! Huzzah!! It is so much fun and such a pay day to get to see Ramiro and Sandro be such good little missionaries! And Aaron too even! [Oh, did I tell you before that we are teaching another one of their roommates? Aaron? Well, we are. And he is also awesome :)] They were all teaching and testifying of the Book of Mormon to him and even though I didn't really know what they were saying, the spirit was so strong! [Thankfully, because that is the only way we know that what they are teaching is true... :)]

Also this week with the Hombres we taught them "Head. Shoulders, Knees, and Toes" in English and they taught it to us in Spanish! We have a video of it but it is probably too big to send. Sorry! You'll have to wait 3 more months for that one! [<-- I know I know...but if anyone corrects that number I will spider monkey you...] It was hilarious though!! They were so confused. 

This past week we had a lesson with Sister Beougher that actually ended up helping me a lot as well. We shared Mark 8:22-26 and discussed how Christ doesn't always just immediately heal us, but sometimes he does it in stages. BOOM. Hello Sister Olds! Pay attention! It literally hit me like a ton of bricks! [Not literally...] I kept thinking how once certain things happened, I would just miraculously be all better and perfectly happy. Wrong-o! It takes time. It's a process. Sometimes Christ just takes us by the hand, walks with us for a while, and helps us get better little by little. There is purpose to God's timing. I am learning that over and over again out here. But His timing is always the best timing. It reminded me of this quote from this incredible man:

"When these trials come, the adversary's minions begin broadcasting that you did something wrong, that this is a punishment, a sign that Heavenly Father does not love you. Ignore that! Instead, try to force a smile, gaze heavenward, and say, 'I understand, Lord. I know what this is. A time to prove myself, isn't it?' Then partner with Him to endure well to the end." -Jorg Klebingat

Hard times come, that's true. Hard times do not stay though. Christ will always help us through them if we let him.

With all my love from Ohio. :)


Sister Amber Olds





Look at how green and gorgeous Ohio is now!!!! 

So we took advantage of it and weekly planned in our backyard :)

No comments:

Post a Comment