Saturday, August 9, 2014

Happy 8 months!!...WHAT?!

"Oh what a beautiful mooooorning! Oh what a beautiful daaaay!" I sing that for Sister Genster pretty much every morning that we go running. The weather has been SO GREAT lately! I love it!! 

So that pretty much sums up my week! Have a good one!!

Jokes. This week was awesome! As I feel like most weeks have been lately. 

So I am a firm believer in the saying "Everything happens for a reason". So Wednesday evening when literally all of our appointments cancelled on us [and of course I was on exchanges] I figured it was because there was something else Heavenly Father needed us to do that evening. We prayed for guidance and ended up having so many miracles! We stopped by a former investigator who ended up not being home, but we got to talk to her son. At first he told us that his mom was really more interested in "that stuff" than he was. However we kept talking and he told us how he didn't believe in organized religion, but did most certainly believe that there is a God. Yes! Then that he believes our spirits never die but still go on after this life. Yes! Then he told us that he believes that the purpose of life is to progress. YES! He is so amazingly prepared for the gospel! We are meeting with him again this upcoming week and are so excited! Then after that we stopped by a less active member who we had only briefly met once before [props to the lemon snaps again!] and was really hard to catch at home. We ended up sitting on his front lawn for 45 minutes. At the beginning of the discussion he told us how he doesn't believe the Book of Mormon, the Bible, or even if there is a God, just some higher power. By the end of the discussion he agreed to retake all of the missionary discussions to try to help him find truth in his life. It was AMAZING to see the spirit work on him throughout the lesson and to see his change of heart already. I know that the Lord's hand is truly in every part of this work. This is God's work and we are so blessed and privileged to be a part of it. 

This past week we found some AWESOME service opportunities! We volunteered at some community meals here in the area that they do at different churches. It was so fun! It was mostly elderly people and for the most part they were all so sweet and so precious! Being on my mission has made me love old people so much! Even more than I did before. [I know, hard to believe] And so many people talked to us about the church! They would be either have kids that were members, or seen a temple somewhere, or something like that. It was so great!! We loved it!

So funny story. We were doing our weekly visit to the wonderful Brother and Sister Tryon on Wednesday and were talking about service with them. I shared Mosiah 18:8-9 and was talking about how it said "mourn with those that mourn" and Sister Tryon goes, "HENRY FORD?!" [She is hard of hearing...] Hahahaha Sister Maddox and I just lost it!!!! We were laughing SO HARD!!! We had tears running down our faces and just couldn't stop!! I felt so bad! But they were both busting up laughing with us too. It was so hilarious!!!! 

So as we have been meeting with different members and less actives this past week we have been talking a lot about service and charity. It has got me thinking a lot about all of the different people that the Lord has placed in my life and specific times to help me to learn, grow, and be comforted. I have been able to see how so many different things that I learned from so many different people have been such a huge help to me on my mission. I have been especially grateful for young women leaders, Sunday school teachers, family and friends. It is so true that one person truly can make a difference in the world. Just look at the times in your life when it has been one person that made a world of difference for you. So often out here I feel like "Psh, I am just one missionary. What difference can I possibly make?" A HUGE ONE!!!! One missionary can change a persons life forever. I am part of a group of over 80,000 missionaries. That huge number was brought about by that one individual choosing to serve a mission. Then another. Than another. It all starts with the one. 

I love this gospel. I know it is true. I know that it is the only path back to our heavenly home.

We found Narnia! 


K not really, but that's what it felt like! We were tracting and found this path and had no idea what it lead to, but we figured it would be a house. And it was! It was this awesome little historic house! [It had a plaque and everything] It reminded me a lot of the Haunted Mansion. And since then I have been missing Disneyland hard core. 

I love her so much!! She is so great.

Although, our companionship inventory got a little out of hand this week....

No comments:

Post a Comment