Wednesday, September 24, 2014

"Before a stem can grow tall, the roots must grow deep."

So much happened this week. I honestly don't even know where to start. We'll start in the middle! that sounds good. 

So we had back to back exchanges this week with the Sandusky sisters and I was the one that stayed in our area here. Psh....I've been here a week! I don't know the area at all! But thankfully it went MUCH better than I thought it was going to. Just a wee bit stressful is all. And TONS of driving this week. I made the trip from Westlake to Norwalk and back 3 times. Which is a little over 6 hours. Ugh. That alone was enough to make me want to nap for the next 4 days. But I got to be with Sister Tuioti again!!!! It was so much fun!! The whole day we kept being like, "We trained for this together....now we are actually out here in the mission field doing it!!!" It was really awesome. Unfortunately we didn't really have too much success that day. One of our lessons with a less active somehow took a wrong turn without us realizing and all of a sudden she was talking about things that we did not want to hear about it. It was actually kind of funny afterwards. We got caught in the rain and went home drenched that night, but we had so much fun together! It is so crazy that we are both half way done. 

The next day I was with Sister Beaudoin and oh my goodness. She is so amazing. She definitely helped me way more than I helped her on the exchange. I was really struggling this past week feeling like I was cut out to be a Sister Training Leader and all of these other things. [Thinking I had to be perfect, wasn't working hard enough, etc] But she helped me truly understand Heavenly Father's nature so much better and how He cares about His children. While we were weeding an elderly ladies yard the subject of priesthood blessings had come up. I have been thinking for a few weeks now that I need to get one, but just kept pushing it aside. Sister Beaudoin just stopped and looked at me and said, "If your Dad was here, would he want to give you a blessing?" And I told her of course he would. And then she goes, "Well, your Heavenly Father who loves you more than you can comprehend wants to give you a blessing too." I knew she was right. The next evening after dinner Elder Anderson gave me such a wonderful blessing that I knew was right from my Heavenly Father. I know that He does truly love me and is proud and grateful for the work and effort I am putting into my mission. Sometimes I just seem to loose sight of that and end up being way too hard on myself. That morning during studies as we were discussing it more Sister Beaudoin shared Helaman 10:4-5 with me and said, "This is what Heavenly Father wants me to share with you." She had me put my name in it and read it out loud. I was so overcome with how much Heavenly Father loves me. I was in tears and could barely finish the verses. I think sometimes I tend to view Heavenly Father as a harsh and unforgiving God, but that is not who He is at all. He is kind, loving, understanding, and merciful. She also shared these two talks with me: O Remember, Remember andBecoming Perfect in Christ which helped a ton!! I am so grateful for Sister Beaudoin. She is an absolutely stellar missionary and amazing person. 

I know Heavenly Father loves me. I know that He truly does know me personally and individually. I know that no matter what, He is always there for me. 



Pictures from exchanges:




Picture with an old investigator:


So last night we got to help out at a Stake Youth Missionary Fireside (It is pretty much training for the future missionaries of the world! haha) And I saw Michael there!!! I taught him my last couple of weeks in Avon and he got baptized about a month later!!!! He is so precious and so great!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment