Tuesday, January 27, 2015

"I don't know about you...

BUT I'M 22!!!!"

I feel so ooooooooold. ["Your name fits now!" hardy har har So funny. Ohionas think that my last name is way more fun to make fun of than Arizonians do] Thank you so much for the birthday package!!! I loved it!! And also was flattered at how skinny you all think I am....My birthday was so good though! We found a new investigator, got to have dinner at the Kiefers, and got to visit some of my favorite people :) It's weird that none of my family or friends ever saw me while I was 21. Thank you so much to everyone for all of the birthday love!! :D

Sadly for you all I forgot my planner and my journal to remind me what happened this past week....Although my journal wouldn't have been much help anyway. I am ridiculously behind in that.....So this email might be a tad short this week. 

Last Monday I was super sick and after taking a 4 hour nap during preparation day I took my temperature and it was 100.7. Yay! Fevers are fun! So I was sick the next day as well. No fun. But thankfully I was feeling better by the next night. 

Hoooooonestly that's about it. My memory is so bad now!! Or last week was just really uneventful. 

One of my New Year's Goals was to memorize one scripture per week. Last week my scripture was Alma 26:12. [The other weeks were Moroni 10:32 and ALma 37:6] I feel like these scriptures are some of the biggest lessons I have learned on my mission at different times. Alma 26:12 has been my lesson lately. I really cannot do this work without His help. I know that all of the good that has come from my mission or the miracles that I have seen are all because of my Heavenly Father. I have grown so much closer to him over the past 13 months. He truly isalways there for us, even when it feels like we are alone. I so badly wish that I could take all of you through the journey of my mission, but I know that it is my own personal experience. Everyone's paths are different and individualized to help them. I'm grateful for how my mission has and is changing me to become a better disciple of Christ. 

I love this gospel and have no doubt in my mind that it is true. I know that as we live the gospel we are promised more happiness and peace than we could ever find anywhere else. So many people are searching for what we already know. How blessed we are. Now it is our opportunity to share this happiness with others. I LOVE getting to be a missionary and helping others to discover this joy for themselves. This truly is the greatest calling ever. 


Sister Amber Olds

I'm feelin 22!!!



The pictures dont even do them justice, but we got make overs from Lilly and Oscar! 


I have been slacking SO MUCH in writing in my journal lately. So I had to put up a sign to remind me each night. Well, that wasn't really cutting it. I needed a bit more intimidating motivation. The Vellinga's birthday card worked perfectly :)

Our Katniss braid cult.

Kroger!! Mom will understand how happy I was about this :)

OHIO!! These are all of our awesome shirts we got for each other for Christmas :)


Last night Sandro was showing us how he "breed cows" and so I snagged this awesome shot of him. He is such a crack up!!


No comments:

Post a Comment