Tuesday, March 18, 2014

"Use our weird vocabulary ALL the time! No one understands it!" -Elder Kopischke

Wednesday night Sister Perrenoud, Sister Stringham and I are sitting in our room reminiscing on the MTC (which feels like yesterday). Then at about 10:15 our phone rings. I ask, "Who in the world is calling us so late?!" Sister Stringham looks at the phone, looks at me with baby bush eyes, then says, "President Vellinga...." Immediately I felt all of my blood pulsing through my body and got butterflies like crazy! I already knew....I was training. I was trying to stay calm on the phone with President but I'm sure he could tell that internally I was freaking out! Thankfully since then I have calmed down. A lot. I feel much more prepared for it and know that it will be awesome. All that matters is that President Vellinga, as well as Heavenly Father, know that I can do this and trust me. I am so excited to get to train a new sister and set her on the right path for the rest of her mission. I cant wait to meet her tomorrow!
I will never, for as long as I live, be able to keep up with Ohio weather. One week we had snow one day, rain the next day, sun the next day, then hail the next day. Then this week it almost hit 60, then the next day we were stuck inside because of a huge blizzard! What?? Cleveland! Make up your mind! It is March for pete's sake!  I am ready for Spring!
We had Stake Conference this weekend and it was AMAZING!!!!!! Elder Kopischke from the Seventy came!! He is an incredible speaker! Saturday evening he had a few different people bear their testimonies and share experiences with missionary work, then opened it up for discussion about what we all learned. It was all centered on 'Hastening the work of Salvation'. So of course all of the full time missionaries were stoked! Then Sunday his wife spoke as well and she is the CUTEST little german lady ever!! You could just feel her enthusiasm for this gospel gushing out of here! Then yesterday we found out that in May Elder Hallstrom from the Seventy, as well as one of the twelve apostles are coming to Cleveland to speak to all of the missionaries! It's like Christmas for us!!
I feel like there was a lot more that happened this week but I just can't remember. Weeks start to feel like months, but other times they feel like days. Mission time has got to be the weirdest thing ever.
Yesterday we taught two of the best lessons we have ever taught together. The spirit was so strong. We honestly left not really even remembering what exactly we said. It is amazing when the spirit can completely lead the discussions. This work is so incredible and I feel so blessed to be a part of it. Miracles can happen every day!

I am so sad that our district will be changed tomorrow. I love all these missionaries so much!! Such incredible examples to me. I have learned so much from all of them! (And they are goofy which always keeps things fun:) )

I guess it's kind of pretty here sometimes

We celebrated their birthdays since Sister Stringham is leaving tomorrow. Their birthdays are one day apart in April!

How cute is she?! I love our weekly visits with the lovely Sister Kolenich :) She is 88 and there isn't anything she can't do!

Exchanges this week with Sister Gannon!

These honestly don't even do the storm any justice at all.

It was ridiculous. Broken telephone lines, branches falling out of trees. It was terrifying.

Apparently this is a French Canadian tradition. Sister Stringham made it for me this week. Pretty much it is just french fries with cheese curds and gravy over it. It was kind of weird, but not horrible. The cheese was squeaky...



No comments:

Post a Comment