Thursday, April 24, 2014

The stronger wind, the stronger trees.

Good timber does not grow with ease,
The stronger wind, the stronger trees.
The further sky, the greater length.
The more the storm, the more the strength.
By sun and cold, by rain and snow,
In trees and men good timbers grow

This poem has been on my mind a lot this past week. It was a difficult week, but honestly it has gotten to the point where Sister Ebersole just have to look at each other, laugh, and say, "What next?!" 

So, word of advice for everyone. When you are going through a really difficult time in your life, and your district leader asks you to give the spiritual thought at District Meeting, the last thing you give it on is how the Lord is there for us through everything, no matter what. What was I thinking?! Ugh, I cried through the whole thing. It was ridiculous. I shared a quote that Mom sent me a couple weeks ago (Sorry, I forgot to bring it with me today and can't find it on lds.org. I will sent it next week) and I didn't even make it through the 2nd sentence before I started crying. I hate crying. Especially in public. But they thanked me for it and said that it was so powerful, especially because they knew that that is what I am going through right now and could strongly and personally testify of it. 

Sad news this week. Sister Looney wasn't at church on last Sunday and she hadn't been answering her phone. We decided to stop by on Tuesday to see how she was but she didn't answer. We thought maybe she had a doctor's appointment or something and so we left. However I didn't feel right about it and so a couple hours later we went back. After knocking a few times, her neighbor came out to tell us that she had been taken in am ambulance the night before. We called the Bishop, her visiting teacher and home teacher, and Sister Taylor immediately. No one knew what had happened, or even where they had taken her to. Sister Taylor, the saint that she is, called all the hospitals in the area trying to find her. Long story short she eventually found her and we got permission to go visit her. She is not doing well at all. Please, please keep her in your prayers. 

A few other quick things from this week:
  • We finally got to do service at a nursing facility and it was so much fun and made me so happy! Besides Easter, that was the highlight of my week! Why are old people just so adorable?! I love them!!
  • We got in a car accident. Calm down, nothing serious. Someone just merged into us. There was a tiny dent in our passenger door. Tender mercy of the week though! When we went to get it fixed they said it would probably be about $100, but they did it for free! Both the guy that fixed the dent and the guy that buffed the scratch out for us. We were so incredibly grateful! We must be doing something right. 
  • We might be moving this week, but who actually knows! So send all mail to the mission office for now. 
  • I had a big time Ukraine flashback this week!! We were doing some stop by's and at one house 4 drunk/high/who knows what else guys answered the door. It was terrifying. Thankfully nothing happened though. We just gave them a pass along card and got out of there as fast as we could. Seriously though, all you had to do was throw a Russian accent on them and I would have been right back at home in Ukraine! haha Is it weird that it made me really miss Ukraine??
I feel like there were other ridiculous things that happened this week, but I can't remember all of them. But it is a new week! And it is going to be a great week!

So I have tried to make it a habit of reading my patriarchal blessing every Sunday. I absolutely love my patriarchal blessing. It is incredible to see how what it talks about in there is truly happening in my life! I can see that I am becoming the person that Heavenly Father wants me to be and has promised me that I will be as I live righteously and continually live worthy of His blessings. I encourage you all to read through your patriarchal blessings again this week. They truly are inspired. They are our letters from home.

I can never say it enough, but I LOVE THIS GOSPEL so much. It is absolutely everything to me. I wish I was a more eloquent speaker, but words honestly cannot describe how grateful I am for our Savior, his atoning sacrifice, and His love and comfort. 

I love you all so much. Thank you so very much for all of your support, advice, and comfort these past few weeks. It has made a world of difference to me. 



HAPPY EASTER!!!!



Look at what I found at Walmart!! PEACH JUICE!! Just like how they had it in Ukraine!!! It was delicious. 
HAZELNUT SNICKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so so so so so excited to get these!! Thank you so much for the package!!!! Such a wonderful surprise :)

This last one is for you Steph. It is from Monet's garden in Giverny. I freaked out when I saw it! Remember when we went there?? And it was gorgeous and awesome?? It made me miss you lots and lots :)

More treasures from tracting




















No comments:

Post a Comment