Monday, November 10, 2014

"If I weren't a Mormon, I would totally be a Hungarian 7th Day Adventist!"

I love being a missionary!!!! We get to have so many awesome, amazing, crazy, and incredible experiences that we honestly probably would never have otherwise. This week we went to a Hungarian 7th Day Adventist Baptism. It was quite the experience! So our landlady is hungarian and invited us to her sons baptism and said how she would be so honored if we came. [She is so adorable] We invited her to the Gladys Knight Fireside and her and her husband loved it! There were a few similarities as well as a lot of differences. They baptize by immersion, they like music [a lot! a majority of the 2 hour program was music], and they have Come, Come Ye Saints in their hymnals! [that one was a shock]. I think for me the most interesting part was just the difference in how I felt. It was such a huge testimony builder to me. It helped me to better understand how our investigators feel coming to our church for the first time and feeling the change in the spirit there. Almost all of it was in Hungarian but thankfully there was a translator there. Are you all planning our trip to Budapest next summer cause I am ready to go back!!  Of course we weren't proselyting there, but our name tags do more proselyting than we ever could. We met so many nice people there that were so welcoming. Also, tons of people came up to us and told us their different connections with the church. It was awesome!! 

Zone Conference!! I love conferences so much as a missionary. We got to watch Meet the Mormons again! Have you all seen it yet? If not, stop reading this email and go see it. Right now. Seriously. It is SO SPECTACULAR!!! New favorite movie. [Whoa! Beat out The Restoration and The Testaments!] But really though it is so well done. 

Hmm...honestly I think that is about it for this week. I'm all out of stuff to write! Y'all should ask more questions so I can answer those in my email home. Things out here really are going great. I love this area and especially this ward SO MUCH!! Transfers are coming up next week [so next week Preparation day will be on Tuesday] and I keep having this knot in my stomach that makes me think I am leaving :( It breaks my heart, but just as with the Lorain Ward and the North Olmsted Ward, I know I will love my next ward just as much. 

Everyone should go read 1 Nephi 18. I love that chapter so much. We were reading the Book of Mormon with Sister Kane this past week and that was the chapter she was on. For some reason it really stood out to me this time. My favorite was in the first verse how he says, " the Lord did show me from time to time after what manner I should work". Sometimes I feel like I need the Lord's direction and guidance in EVERY little decision I make.  Especially here on my mission. Am I the only one guilty of this? Heavenly Father wants to help us through our missions, educations, jobs, relationships, etc., but He also gave us our agency for a reason; to use it! He will give us direction "from time to time", but we also must do our part. I love the scripture so much. So there's your little spiritual nugget from Ohio for this week!

Ohio is making us fat....

West Side Market crepes this morning!!

MACAROONS!!!!


We also had like 7 contacts there this morning. It was sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment