Monday, December 1, 2014

I'll go where you want me to go.....even to the Boonies! (Nov 24)

We're not in Cleveland anymore Toto!!

I got transferred to the furthest part of the mission.... St. Mary's! I never thought that I would get to serve this far from Cleveland! St. Mary's is in the very farthest southwest corner of the mission. My area touches the border of Indiana! The drive from Kirtland [transfer meeting] to St. Mary's took almost 4 1/2 hours. I am closer to the Columbus Mission Home and the Cincinnati Mission Home. It's kind of crazy, but also exciting. The closest missionaries to us [besides the other two sisters we live with] are 45 minutes away. I guess President just got sick of having me so close so he had to send me as far away as possible! Or he just really loves me and so he sent me to the BEST AREA EVER!!!!!!!!! I LOVE ST. MARY'S SO MUCH!!!! This email really could be 70 pages long if I were to tell you all of the wonderful things about this place. I will do my best to try to shorten it....but we'll see.

We really are out in the boonies! We cover a number of teeny tiny towns and they are all so cute! It's like a whole bunch of tiny Bunkervilles! But they have corn fields instead of cow farms. We serve in a small branch but the work is BOOMING out here!! We had 5 investigators at church yesterday and we have 2 baptisms this next week!!! They both speak Spanish and so our lessons are pretty interesting! Thankfully there are a few members in the branch here that speak spanish that can help us out. Also there is a HUGE Marshallese population out here. So I thought I was going on an english speaking mission, but don't be surprised if I come home speaking spanish and marshallese. Also, there are so many cats out here!!! I love it!! EVERYONE has a dog out in Cleveland and I have missed all my little kitties so much. Now everyone has kitties out here! They call me the cat whisperer because all the kitties here love me. [Really though I just pester them until they become my best friend] 

My new companion is Sister Thomas and she is AMAZING!!!!  So Sister Pound and I got to the apartment before her and Sister Hunter did Wednesday evening. Then when we saw them pull up I went and opened the front door to see Sister Thomas bolting towards me and giving me the biggest bear hug in the world! Can you even imagine a better way to start a companionship?? I can't. It made me so happy!! And she didn't even know that I was her companion yet! All four of us became instant best friends! We have so much fun together! 

Well pictures can tell you about St. Mary's much better than I can, so I will send lots of those :) I really do love it here so much. And the people here are the nicest ever!!! I already feel like part of the branch family! I haven't been to a branch since Ukraine! I love it!! Our little chapel is the cutest!! 

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!! I love this time of year. There are so so SO many things that I have to be grateful for this year. I am so grateful to be a missionary at this time in my life and for this amazing message of the gospel that I get to share with people each and every day. I am especially grateful for all of the support I have received from all of you. I honestly could not do this if I didn't know that I had so many friends and family back home cheering me on and praying for me. I love you all more than you know. 



Sister Amber Olds

Seriously, I love St. Mary's. This was last night at our dinner appointment with the Davis'....they have chickens!!!!! Clearly I was really excited/ terrified to be holding it.

Malley's: The cutest chocolate shop in the world. And they have the BEST desserts ever!





My last night in North Olmsted the Activity Day girls fed us dinner at the church. It was so much fun!! They were all so cute and so sweet. 

Isn't it so beautiful?? :)

You can't tell at all in that picture, but our church building is so tiny and so cute!!

I'm officially a true Ohioan...I made buckeyes!! They are the most delicious thing ever. 


It was so much fun!! We made them with the Hernandez's. 

Those are real Buckeyes. 






I already love her so much :)

Our fun fuzzy socks!! [Thanks Ben!]

No comments:

Post a Comment