Monday, December 22, 2014

"Say brainless, don't you know where coconuts come from?"

Christmas just isn't the same without "It's a Wonderful Life"

But that's okay, because I still love Christmas SO MUCH!! We have had such a wonderful week. We have had way more service opportunities helping with the nursing home Christmas parties, helping people to wrap presents, and decorating trees. It has been so much fun! The four of us went caroling Saturday night and it was the best door to door contacting ever! Everyone was so nice to us and one family even gave us home made cookies! Apparently St. Marys isn't big on caroling because so many people were so thrilled to have us come carol to them and some had never even had carolers before! Also, it was Sister Hunter and Sister Thomas' first time going caroling. 

So you all remember our awesome little Marshallese investigators Amy and Jeje?? Well we met Amy's dad this week and invited him to join us for the lesson and now he is a new investigator!! He is so excited for Amy to get baptized and wants to learn more so that he can get baptized as well. There is so much potential in the Marshallese community!! It is amazing!

We were able to meet with so many people this past week that we haven't been able to see in so long. It was so great! We are both completely over our colds now and so that has helped a lot as well. However, we are surrounded by sickies!! It seems like EVERYONE is getting the flu around here, and one of the sisters got shingles this week....We keep praying that we will stay healthy. 

CHRISTMAS IS IN 3 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your packages sitting under our tree are so taunting every single day. I just want to open them now! But don't worry, I'll be good and wait. 

I hope that you all have a most wonderful Christmas. It's weird that last Christmas I was just out in the mission field for a week. Now I have a whole year under my belt. I have had so much fun lately going back and reading through my journal from the beginning of my mission. So much has happened since then! I am so glad you always emphasized the importance of writing in my mission journal Mom :)

I love you all so much!! Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

We helped Sister Beougher and the Roodes decorate their trees this week! I was so happy they let us join them. It made it really feel like Christmas. You all better have still got a real tree this year! 



Caroling 

Best Chrsitmas hat ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment